One of the main functions of the WFO is to unite the industry and disseminate appropriate information in a standardised and systemised manner at an annual event. To this end the World Foundry Congress, is held bi-annually for the presentation of technical papers and providing an adequate networking opportunity for those wishing to have a thorough understanding of the latest research and developments in the cast metals industry. In addition there are social events for delegates and their partners.
All Member countries are invited to be involved in each congress via the presentation of official exchange papers. In addition each Member country generally encourages a large number of delegates from their country to participate in the event.
- 2018 Krakow, Poland. 23rd to 27th September Website
- 2020 Seoul, Korea
- 2022 Italy TBC
• 70th WFC 2012 – Monterrey, Mexico
• 71st WFC 2014 - Bilbao, Spain Website
• 72nd WFC 2016 - Nagoya, Japan Congress Website
In Addition the World Foundry Organization holds a Technical Forum on the alternate years and these will be held in:
- 2017 - South Africa - To be held at Emporers Palace, Gauteng. South Africa between the 14th and 17th March
- 2019 - Slovenia - To be held in September in Portoroz
Technical Forum Website